National Innovation Competition in Engineering (NICE) is a groundbreaking competition held annually by Tishk International University University’s Engineering Faculty. The competition is mainly aimed to explore the students’ innovative ability and to provide a platform for them to present their projects to the market. Undergraduate students from Kurdistan, Iraq and other countries can showcase their innovative and sustainable solutions to the most pressing challenges facing the region.
students, supervisors, practitioners and educators of Architecture Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Interior Design, Mechatronic Engineering, Petroleum and mining Engineering and Surveying and Geomantic Engineering, and with interests in smart sustainable innovations at all levels from around universities of Kurdistan region and Iraq are gathered and given the opportunity to establish networks and exchange ideas on the current development in Engineering field.
This competition will provide a ground for:
- Encouraging students to put theory into practice.
- Improving the quality of research and education in Kurdistan by providing applicable solutions to challenges facing the region
- Exposing students to engineering skills and concepts.
- Preparing the students to be problem solvers and solution finders to take up leading roles in industry
The competition was held in its fourth edition on 7h of May, 2022 under the theme of “Targeting Smart Sustainable Innovations” in 7 main categories, listed below:
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and IT Engineering
- Interior Design Engineering
- Petroleum and Mining Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Survey and geomatics Engineering